August 9th, 2016 By OBX Island Guys in Blog
Value. How often do we hear this word in the Real Estate transaction? Most times it is being used in the discussion of a property of interest or after an appraisal of your home. I hope you consider the Value your REALTOR® holds in the transaction of buying or selling property. If not you should! There are some folks who still do not have a thorough understanding of what we do Day in and Day out and what our Fiduciary Duty involves when representing you. It has taken several decades of hard and diligent work by the National Association of REALTORS®, your State Association of REALTORS® and your Local Association of REALTORS® in keeping the public and their best interest informed when dealing in the ever changing dynamics of Real Estate.
The term REALTOR® stands for fairness, professional business relations with moral conduct, the highest competency levels we can achieve, and the highest integrity in our business and personal relations. No inducement of profit and no immoral instruction from others will ever justify the departure from this ideal we hold true to ourselves.
There are countless excellent reasons to work with a REALTOR®.
- Ethics – We are held to a higher standard as we adhere to a strict Code of Ethics and Professionalism to protect your best interest. It is part of our Mantra and we live by it! (Our very own Tim Cafferty whom I took my first Ethics course from years ago was an Ethics teacher)
- Experience – The average American may only purchase or sell a few homes in their lifetime – we have handled hundreds of transactions over the course of our career and continue to gain knowledge every day with the ever changing regulations and laws governing the sale of property.
- Searching the Web – While some consumers think they hold everything in their fingertips….A good percentage of what you find on Zillow or Trulia or any major online source has an incredible amount of flaws with improper information and horribly incorrect property values. Most large online companies looking for profit in advertising take REALTORS® MLS information and misconstrue the numbers by incorrect Algorithms and broad online distribution. REALTORS hold the most accurate information and apples to apples property comparisons as we are the source of all MLS sales and local knowledge.
- Guided Instruction – Are you aware of the amount of Legal Forms and Mandated State and Federal Disclosures required in a real estate transaction? They are also increasing very year. We study these requirements – we protect you best interest in buying and selling by guiding you on what you need to fill out and how to do so to protect yourselves.
- The Tactics of Negotiations – Let’s talk numbers. You want the most for your money but only want to pay the fair market value correct…maybe less if the situation allows. We study real comparable properties and tell you the realistic numbers. Our job is to get you the best price in selling your property or the best price in purchasing your property with the BEST possible terms allowed. We work for you! We do this daily and study tactful negotiations for buyers and sellers. We see these markets daily and we cannot say it enough – Real Estate is Local based – so deal with a local.
- Emotions – Buying or selling a home is one of the most stressful times in your life….Fact. Why would you not want to have someone on your side helping you make the process smooth and having an outside Objective opinion keeping you grounded and in line to close the transaction smoothly. I have personally made good friends with a large majority of my client base. Not because I feel like I need to – but for the reason that we go through so much together and become connected. At the end of the day you want a REALTOR® that keeps you professionally and emotionally grounded during and after the transaction.
- If you are in the market to buy or sell and are not running to your REALTOR® after reading this ….you should be. We do not get paid unless we get your home closed and make you satisfied. If you are thinking of buying or selling you should reach out to your REALTOR® of choice and let them help guide you in one of the most important financial decisions of your lifetime!
For more information on all things Real Estate or any questions on the Outer Banks, feel free to contact Shane Collins directly with the OBX Island Guys of Outer Banks Blue Realty Services. (252) 202-1193 or email at [email protected]